This page contains information about how your rates are calculated.
5/08/2019 10:37 a.m.
We keep a detailed record of rating information for both Whangarei District and Northland Regional Councils.
You can use our Rates Property Information Search to find:
- property details – valuation number, property address, land area
- rates details – your account number, annual rates
- valuation details – the date rates take effect, land value and capital value.
You can do a rates search on this website, or at any of our Customer Service Centres.
Please note that we only rate those properties that are in our database as at 30 June. If there is a change to any property during the rating year (i.e. subdivision) this will only appear the following rating year.
Follow this link to our Online database search.
Rates Database Search
Your valuation will include three figures:
- the value of the land (land value),
- the value of the improvements and
- the capital value (the land value plus the value of any improvements such as houses etc).
Council uses your land value to calculate the share of the District’s rates you will be charged.
You can view this short video that explains this process.
Rates Structure Review Video