This page contains information about and links to the three Advisory Groups, which are forums for Council to communicate with the sectors.
26/03/2020 3:32 p.m.
2020 Disability Advisory Group Recruitment
Do you have a disability or impairment?
Would you like to:
- help other disabled people in Whangarei?
- help Whangarei District Council work better with disabled people?
- provide advice on regional strategies, policies and plans?
Council is looking for people to join the Disability Advisory Group. If you want to help make Whangarei a better place for everyone then they would love to hear from you.
For more information about the Disability Advisory Group, eligibility and for application forms, please following the link below.
Disability Advisory Group
The purpose of the advisory groups is to support Council's vision of Whangarei being a vibrant, attractive and thriving District for all people living here.
Advisory groups contribute to this vision by providing advice to Council on the following areas:
- Council policies, plans, strategies, design and capital works projects
- Matters of particular interest or concern to the communities they represent
To make things more straight forward for the groups one set of Terms of Reference has been developed that apply to all three groups. The terms include:
- new membership criteria
- a new appointment process,
- setting strategic agendas and
- developing work programmes.
The aim is to enable the advisory groups to provide effective and proactive advice, and forge even stronger engagement with Council.
Advisory Groups Terms of Reference [179kb]
Click the below links to view information about each of the Advisory Groups.